It is our great pleasure to invite you to participate in the following two events organized by PASCaTS during the 33rd EACTS Annual Meeting, Lisbon, Portugal, 3-5 October 2019
1. PASCaTS' General Assembly
Date: Thursday 3 October 2019
Time: 12:15 hr in the neighbourhood of the Lisbon Conference Centre.
2. Joint EACTS/PASCaTS session
Date: Friday, 4 October
Time: 9:45-11:15 hr Room 3C, Pav 3 See Programme
Venue: Lisbon Conference Centre
Agenda: PASCaTS' General Assembly
1. Welcome address
2. Funding of PASCaTS projects
3. Ongoing PASCaTS Echo Course in Ghana and the inaugurated Traning Centre for Echocardiography at Cape Coast Teaching Hospital; Ghana
4. AfroValve Repair Camp during the echo courses in Ghana for promoting rheumatic valve repair in children in the sub-Region of West Africa with a population of ca. 350 million. See Program
The first AfroValve Reapair workshop (2 days)
Date: 14-15 Sept. 2019 in Accra, Ghana prior to the AfroEcho course in Cape Coast: Revisit the Transatrial Close Mitral Valvotomy Teachnique
Date: 23-24 November 2019
Venue: Embassy Clinic, Accra.
5. Call for tutors to support the AfroValve courses (3x year)
6. Launching of AfroCaTS database. Questionnaires are in circulation for collecting new data to update the cardiac surgery activities in Africa 2018/19. The cardiologists have expressed their interest therefore the PASCaTS will include those of the cardiologists in the future.
Comments and suggestions are most welcome for discussion
Charles Yankah Francis Smit